Monday, March 20

Sad

Chicago evoked emotions in me that I wasn't even expecting. Back in third grade, when I was memorizing the name of Sears Tower as the tallest building in the world, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I'd actually be standing in front of it one day. I was proud of my accomplishments, sorrowed by the realization that my father couldn't see my achievements. Today also being the one year mark of Zoya's surgery, made me think of all the "what ifs" of that situation. I wanted to be home with her today, hug her all day. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to be finally sinking my teeth in some work for FM, at the same time, I miss being home, being with the kids. I'll definitely make a stop at the toy store at the airport tomorrow on my way back.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Have a safe trip home and look forward to the warm welcome back you will get from your family.